Nursing Leadership and Management
Nursing Leadership and management is a coordinated activity, which provides all of the facilities necessary for the rendering of nursing service to patients. The course is modulated over four levels, on four days each, to allow inter-session study and enhance the competency of nurses.
It covers areas critical to professional and leadership development including:
- Leadership & Quality
- Developing Leadership Competencies for Nursing
- Information Management for Nursing Leadership
- Communication for Nursing Leadership
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Define administration/management and nursing service administration
- Describe the managerial level, role and skills
- Explain the importance of good management in a health service organization
Who Should Attend?
- Directors, Managers, Officers and Coordinators
- Healthcare Administrators and Managers
- Risk Managers and Case Managers
LEVEL – I: Leadership & Quality
- Basics of Leadership
- Challenges in Patient Assessment
- Brief about patient assessment
- Clinical Documentation improvement
LEVEL – II: Developing Leadership Competencies for Nursing
- Monitoring and evaluation of Nursing Staff
- Specialized Clinical Area management
- Nursing Utilization Management
LEVEL – III: Information Management for Nursing Leadership
- Role of nursing in Quality program development and implementation
LEVEL – IV: Communication for Nursing Leadership
- Patient Safety and Process Improvement
- Communication for Leadership
The assessment in this course is divided into the following components:
- During the contact period, assessment will be based on individual and group assignments and presentations, contributions based on interactions.
- Participation in LIVE Polls
- Pre and Post Surveys
- End of Session Assessment – Online
For satisfactory completion of the course requirements, participants have to attain at least 50 % scores in above mentioned assessment components.
Mode of teaching:
The course is highly participatory, offered through interactive plenaries, individual presentations, group case-based learning and presentations, other small group activities including role play.