Healthcare Quality and Hospital Management
This course is designed for all healthcare professionals who are seeking in-depth view of Quality Management or who are preparing for the CPHQ examination. The course is modulated over two levels, to allow inter-session study and enhance the competency of healthcare professionals.
The body of knowledge for this course will lead to preparation for “CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN HEALTHCARE QUALITY (CPHQ)” – a program administered by the National Association for Healthcare Quality, USA.
It covers areas critical to professional and leadership development including:
- Quality Management
- Case Management Utilization and Risk Management
- Quality Improvement
- Patient Safety at All Levels
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Develop professional standards and improve the practice of quality.
- Describe of high quality hospital services and community health care.
- Promote awareness among functionaries involved in Health and Hospital Management.
- Update the knowledge and skill of the Health & Hospital Administrators and other personnel involved in the management of health care organization through continuous education.
Who Should Attend?
- Quality Directors, Managers, Officers and Coordinators
- Medical and Nursing Directors, Managers and Seniors Nurses
- Accreditation and Certification Managers
- Healthcare Administrators and Managers
- Risk Managers and Case Managers
LEVEL – I
- Introduction to Healthcare Quality
- International Patient Safety Goals
- System Thinking
- Quality Structure
- Patient Safety
- Culture of Safety
- Root Cause Analysis
- Risk Management Program
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Infection Control, Risk Management & Management
- Credentialing, Privileging and Competency Assessment
- Joint Commission International Standards on Credentialing, Privileging and Competency Assessment
LEVEL – II
- Staff Health and Safety Program
- Development of Quality Program
- Development of Priority Areas
- Selection of Measures
- Development of Monitoring Tools
- Development of Review Mechanism
- Identifying Improvement Opportunities
- Utilization Management
- Transition of Care
- Disease Management and Demand Management
- Introduction to Healthcare Improvement
- Testing and Measuring Changes with PDSA Cycles
- Information Management: Medical Record Management
- Medical Records – Significant Components, Medical Record Review
- Interpreting Data, Run Charts, Control Charts, and Other Tools
- Healthcare Leadership
- Accreditation Leadership
- Governance, Leadership and Direction (GLD) Chapter from Joint Commission International Accreditation Standards
The assessment in this course is divided into the following components:
- During the contact period, assessment will be based on individual and group assignments and presentations, contributions based on interactions.
- Participation in LIVE Polls
- Pre and Post Surveys
- End of Session Assessment – Online
For satisfactory completion of the course requirements, participants have to attain at least 50 % scores in above mentioned assessment components.
Mode of teaching:
The course is highly participatory, offered through interactive plenaries, individual presentations, group case-based learning and presentations, other small group activities including role play.